View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 02:41 AM

Default back after 2 consultations

I had my 2 Southern Ca. consultations yesterday, and am pleased to report that there appears to be a consensus that my original surgery recommendation was "was over the top". The first doctor, Dr. Regan, suggested a microdecompression surgery. Dr. Dillin, from Kerlan Jobe, suggested a possible laminectomy, but felt that films needed to be updated. Both felt that surgery would be a possibility for the future, but not nearly as aggressive as what was originally recommended. Since my last injection on March 17th, I'm still feeling quite fine, and along with physical therapy, these doctors felt that I might be able to go awhile without surgery. We walked a total of 3 miles to and from Dr. Regan's office, and I had no pain. Both doctors mentioned that sometimes additional injections have a cumulative or collective effect, and that, based on my current symptomology, neither would suggest surgery in the near future. We'll see. I'm also looking into some imagery, relaxation, and meditation, as we've had some tragic experiences with one of our sons, and there is a theory out there that the stress of this emotional pain might be a contributing factor - an interesting theory.