View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 01:40 AM

Geoff,
Your situation reminds me of "Chirogeek's" experience. He is a distinguished member here, an expert in the field, and has his own website, worth a look in your case. Pity he seems to have inactivated his detailed diary pages which were enlightening reading.
Dr. Doug's History

He tried no surgery, then had surgery, which he later regretted and possibly made him worse. Exercise etc often caused flareups and setbacks. After many months his own body slowly healed things as well as it could and he gets along ok but gently ever since.

I ruptured thoracic disc with sequestered fragment in June 2009. hospitalised and on morphine for pain. have had no operation. only recently able to drive short distances and very careful getting in car and properly supported. would not get into a bath. generally lie down rather than sit. Still experience sig. pain when on feet for over an hour or so, but it is improving slowly. At time of injury my expectation was to get back to work within a few weeks.
Your body only has what you eat to work with. Some 'extras' might help.
BioMed Central | Full text | Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate supplementation to treat symptomatic disc degeneration: Biochemical rationale and case report
Collagen Type II Shown to Reverse Skin and Joint Aging