View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 06:20 PM

Default SCS / Laminectomy

Gil,

The SCS is a spinal cord stimulator which helps an individual with pain the limbs. The SCS is working great and I could not have asked for a better outcome as far as the SCS controlling my leg pain. The issues I am having now are a result of the surgery to implant the SCS. I am trying to find out what went wrong and why the doctors had to do the laminectomy's and why I am experiencing the horrible complications from the procedure. The surgeon is being very quiet about the whole thing and I feel that he is not being completely honest with me about what led up to the emergency laminectomy. I went from having extreme pain in my legs to this HORRIBLE banding pain around my chest. The banding pain is far worse than the leg pain ever was..... If I could only go back in time I would have elected to have another sureon do the surgery or not have it done at all. BUT I am trying not to look at the past and am keeping my head up high hoping that this banding pain will eventually subside. My nerves are freaking out right now and it may be due to some nerve damage from the laminectomy surgery. From what I have been told it can go away in a few months, a few years, or be here for a lifetime. It is so frustrating and depressing right now.

Take Care,
Greg