View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 AM

BPrice,
Another post i found regarding fibrin disc injection, by a girl with major spine history.
When this type of treatment hits the market it will worry and then force major companies to compete in this area, leading to more advances. a long overdue option for some, between conservative care and major surgery.

01-20-2009, 11:37 AM
XXXXXXXXX

One thing everyone needs to understand is that my spine is more screwed up than the average bear. I have had 6 spinal surgeries and my lumbar artificial disks are in wrong. This is causing scoliosis and the way they are placed continually puts more load on my other disks. This is why I need another sealant done. Most people have gotten at least 3 years out of the injection and are doing well. 3 years is as long as it has been in anyone. I believe 80% have gotten long-term relief. I would not get discouraged that I need another sealant done. I don't think I am the ideal candidate to rate Fibrin on because of the malplacement of my artificial disks. It does work so well that I am willing to give it another try. It is a lot better than taking your chances with a major surgery that may or may not work.
Sincerely,

10-02 - ProDiscs L4/5 and L5/S1 - FDA study - disks placed incorrectly which
caused problem at L3/4 and L2/3
01-05 - ProDiscs at C5/6 and C6/7 in Germany - seems to be working fine so far
Bedbound from 09-06 until 10-08 due to severe pain and weakness
09-08 - Had Fibrin sealant done at L3/4 and L2/3 After 6 weeks - much success!
Hoping and praying that the lumbar revision surgery that was scheduled with Dr. Regan
can be indefinitely postponed