Thread: Reherniation
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 05:20 PM

Default my condition today

Gil,
I had my last surgery in '92 with failed back as the lingering diagnosis. Rebulged discs and had scar tissue on my S1 nerve root which was thought to be the cause of burning and pain that I had in my buttocks and legs bilat for 5 years.

Started Gabapentin in '98 and that helped greatly, started low dose Methadone in '01 and that really helped. Started ESIs in 2001 and that helped even more.

Had surgical consults from 2001-2006. Started to feel better in 2005 and decided to wait. These days I'm doing much better and it's thought that's because the L5S1 area autofused after all these years.

I still take my same dose of meds however feel much better most of the time with less flare ups that when occur last much shorter periods of time.

Still can't sit long tho and that's my major problem altho it has improved quite a bit from before L5S1 fused. Still have a bulge at L4 that's bigger than it was, worse DDD, and now facet changes which I've been told I can forget ADR now.

Right now all in all I feel much better than I have in a long time yet again~ I am medicated and still have considerable limitations. Still for the spine journey I've been thru in the last near 30 years I'd say I'm doinng pretty good.