View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 08:22 PM

Since I last posted, my recovery has been on a bit of a roller-coaster. There are days of very little pain, like today, almost one tenth of what the pain had been.

But yesterday and the night before I suffered almost as much as before surgery, but I had really overdone things by sitting too long in a bad position, bending when I shouldn't have...just trying to live a normal life when my back still isn't ready for it.

iikingli, have you paid attention to your activities and how the pain relates to them? I've chatted with a number of fusion patients and all have reassured me that the pain can take months to go away, and then all of a sudden...nothing. Or, it gradually goes away over a year. There is no set pattern and from what I can learn, everything is 'normal'.

Have you checked with your surgeon to see what his opinion is on your pain levels? After surgery, mine said it may be possible that I would have 'phantom pain', from the nerves being irritated for so long.

My back is starting to 'stiffen', from the two levels of fusion of course, but I'm hoping that some physiotherapy in the future will release a bit of that.

Good luck and feel free to contact me if you'd like to chat more.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.