Thread: Apology
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 02:42 AM

Default checking in

Well I overdid it again. Guess I'm a slow learner. I just took my first long cross country flight since my fusion. I'm at about six months now. As long as I don't overdo things are pretty good but working as I did before is pretty much a no go due to the long sitting. I never look back with any regrets with my surgery. This time for the first time I used a wheelchair. It felt kind of odd with people staring at me but I just looked down.

What a difference. Some of these international airports have long long distances to walk which I can do but not while carrying things. Also with the wheelchair, I wizzed passed everyone in line. I did set the alarms off, same as at Home Depot. I had two people sticking fingers all over me and oh yes that wand. I don't care as long as were all safe.

This is a familly trip I had to make. Otherwise, forget flying. Too much. Thinking of everyone.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.