Thread: Lyrica
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 PM

Default re Methadone

Gil,
I'm one of those that was greatly helped with low dose Methadone. I've not increased my dose in 9 years however I would have to say that between that and the Neurontin the nerve pain I had was obliterated now for quite some time.

I do struggle with the mind fog at times and other times I'm pretty sharp. I would have to say tho that I cannot function with the degree of pain I was enduring and just wanted to be 6 feet under. If not for the combo of ESIs, pain med and Neurontin really making an extreme difference to me re low to no pain I'd of gone off the deep end.

I'm having a rare flare up in the low back tailbone area. It's stinks however I've felt so good for so long that I feel it will pass. Altho I'm irritated that this flare up occured as it feels like a set back however I also feel like I know the spinal ropes now.

There is also Suboxone which is used to actually detox from Methadone however it can be used for pain management and also maintenance type of drug. These meds certainly can induce physiologic dependence which I know I have but it sure does beat that nasty pain.

Good luck!