Thread: Coccyx pain
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 12:02 PM

Default Coccyx Pain

I am grateful for all the postings regarding coccyx pain and the various options for treating it. I have had many steroid shots and prolotherapy to my coccyx which haven't worked at all. Two weeks ago I had RF ablation to the coccyx with immediate relief for 1 day. However, I developed intense redness and itchiness in my perianal area that was just as hard to live with as the pain. After a few days the itch and redness went away and the pain returned. I don't know if I had an allergic reaction to the procedure or what. Today I am going to NH to see a doctor who deals with pudendal nerve problems. My problem essentially is pain with sitting and I don't know if it is my coccyx or maybe a pudendal nerve problem. Anyhow, I have been suffering with this pain for 2 1/2 yrs and am desperate for some help. I have also tried Lyrica, neurontin and amytriptiline with minimal relief but the side effects were too much to tolerate for the little relief. I had brain pauses and terrible hand tremors. Still hoping for some relief. Thanks for your comments. Gail