View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 05:56 PM

Default thank you and this forum

Job13,
I was one of the persons that at one time had multiple opinions re ADR (2 levels or hybrid surgery) to take care of my chronic low back pain post failed back surgery on L4/L5S1 (discectomies).

What stopped me from having more surgery was actually feeling better and being more active. I have been too much in fear that I'd return to the horrible post failed back surgery status I suffered for years with horrendous neuropathies and Arachnoiditis like symptoms from my waist down bilaterally thru extremities.

Back in 1992 the surgeon that did my L4 discectomy didn't want to admit failure either and shuffled me gladly off to PM. He did allow a 2nd opinion with his OSS buddy who told me to see a proctologist and gynecologist for my symptoms and basically said I was crazy...

So I've been one of the ones that just has left my back to it's own fate and have hoped for the best and so far so good tho returning to work hasn't been in the picture to date. Maybe in the future. I'm positive since my pain is pretty well controlled "so far" these last 4 years.

I hope your recovery has continued and both you and your husband are doing better. I'm sorry to hear what a terrible experience you had with Dr.B and I too wonder why you got no response~

I do thank you for posting your experience as I think it's good for people considering surgery that may be recommended but isn't emergent or definately necessary (tho thought it would be helpful) to know that spine surgery isn't something to go into lightly.

I thank Mark for not banning your post.

Job13 it's good to hear from you again.