View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 11:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to jamie5136
Default I feel your pain

As I know personally these posts are viewed by the doctors themselves, so I am going to keep this short. I feel your pain and went through a highly unsuccessful surgery in Germany myself. I don't think this error was on purpose, but nonetheless, my three discs (2 of the 3) sank up into my vertebrae (badly) and then cemented in place... consequently I am left with massive pain in my lower back, upper back, legs, etc. I have been told I can come back for xx number of dollars for artificial facets and a fusion, which may be an option, but I would try to go to someone close or someone who has good follow-up. I get about one email every 4-6 months, have had one call and that's it. No return emails in ages. They have my 60k in a Cyprus bank account, so I am nobody now. I was told it was a 95+% success rate and later found this was not true. He has a salesperson work for him schlepping his services. I believed it would be successful, had no idea about subsidence or degenerating facets, etc. I was lied to. If I had to do this over again, I would have fused L5S1 and done an ADR at L45 and that's it. These three CANNOT be removed w/out dying on the table and I hear that fusing in place is not successful, I can't take pain meds, so I am left in daily misery. My life was turned upside down. I can't have children now, my family is left sad and angry and my fiance feels so bad for the pain I endure daily. I now know why insurance does not pay for these; they are experimental. I would not only not recommend this surgery, but I would not go over-seas; plenty of good doctors in the USA. I am sad and in pain and feel hopeless. Do your research, talk to patients and be leery of those who "work" for doctors as liaisons. Mark was the only person who helped me, but no solution was worked out as 10+ doctors had all different views on how to "fix" me... fuse in place, take out, do nothing, etc. etc. Who can I trust? Nonetheless, I am a cripple now. I get private messages all the time of people with similar stories and concerns about said doctors. They fear posting, but I get private emails; the whole thing is sad. People are given hope, robbed blind, and left in pain with no solution; very sad.