View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 08:09 PM

dridobits-
Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Mike? You mean my NS? Good shot!

So I am post op day 3 and doing quite ok. The journey of healing had just begun, wish the surgery was the end!

Finally got to shower, feel much better, but a few tears of frustration along the way.

On just Tylenol today, which is great. Looking forward to not freaking out about breaking the growing matrix in my neck by looking the wrong way.

Family a bit disappointed my voice seems to be intact

The stuff I got to occupy my time.... all need to look downward, and alas I am in a hard collar for most of the time. Oh, well, maybe next month!

Cord was tightly packed, and the c6 on the left tightly trapped in the foramina, and he freed them up, so hopefully all the irritation will subside now.

Luckily I did not have to have the fiberoptic intubation, so two weeks of panic attacks for nothing, thank goodness.

Gave the residents an appropriately hard time, had to tell the goofy intern where to draw my blood, which of course makes for a good story.

I think I have the wrong handle though, should be bionic woman

Thanks for the supportive words.

C4/5, 5/6. 6/7 degenerative cervical spine disease with stenosis, severe cord compression with atrophy
presented suddenly
Post Op for Anterior corpectomy and fusion of C5-7 with PEEK cage, discectomy and fusion C4-5 with PEEK cage and anterior titanium plate June '10