View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 12:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to jamie5136
Default Based on my experience

Not only was I falsely lured in by a then American (he moved to Germany), but I was not informed of ANY issue that could go wrong; not one. So, Fuzzy, the following statement is untrue: "When one undergoes a surgery one is made well aware of the risks in Germany, just like here." I do not have osteoporosis, but my spinal bone density was not checked and 2 of the 3 (only 1-2 levels approved in the USA) sunk up into my vertabrae and are crooked; I am now disabled and live in pain; it has destroyed my life to a certain level. I was told by his "salesman" that the Pro-Disc L had an over 90% success rate. This is false. I was not told that the discs "could" sink into my vertabrae and I was not told that they could not be taken out w/out a very life threatening removal surgery, nor was I told that one's facets ultimately wear out at an alarming rate. And no, there is not recourse against anyone in Germany. If there was, I would take action. Thankfully I did not go to the clinic in question and my outcome "may" have been worse; but really, I can't imagine anything worse. When one is in pain and can't even lay down, they believe their surgery is a failure; one with little or no options for a "cure," is angry and frustrated. I know of at least 6 or more failed, subsided, disabled patients from surgeons in the USA and Germany( just one in the USA; the rest from Germany). I got no refund; have had one call in 1.4 years and feel betrayed. I have received a few emails offering for me to come back for more surgeries. I already spent my retirement, borrowed money (totalling 60k plus my life) In hind sight, I would have NEVER had this surgery in Germany. All we can do as failed patients is hope and pray that others read our stories and do their own research and make their own decisions as to their course of action. Mark is the only one who has been honest with me; In a way, I wish I had him as my advocate from day one; it "may" have made a difference. Sadly, if one is paid by a German doctor, that doctor oddly can do no wrong and their actions are defended at all costs. The objectivity goes out the window when greed and money is involved. Be leary of false promises, be leary of "advocates" who work for one doctor, do your research and know the risks; I wish I had.

Last edited by jamie5136; 07-12-2010 at 12:42 AM.