View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dridobits View Post
Hi Archie, I'm sorry your hurting and having the twitches. I had a two level fusion six months ago, front and back with rods. I have had twitches but not in the legs. I've had them in my buttocks so bad that when I show people they look at me like they want to run. It has died down but did happen. There are so many weird things that happen after surgery.

I was going to ask what medications you are on as my doctor told me that certain medications increase this. I hope others might have some suggestions other than this. Best.

Thank you for your reply dndobits. I did do a search on my question and found that there are people who experience twitches after back surgery but none mentioned weakness and twitches. Some reported the twitches went away eventually, others were awaiting tests of one sort or another. My pain is mostly gone after the surgery, I do have lingering discomfort in my hips and over my left buttock if I overdo walking or exercising. My main fear is the twitching in my thighs and calfs are early symptoms of ALS. I would be very happy to know it's a post op side effect.
As for my meds, i am a walking drugstore. I take meds for high BP, high chol., RLS, diabetes and sleep. I'm hoping members of this forum can shed some light on the subject. I did have a thumper during a follow up visit with my neurologist for another issue. He observed it and told me to watch for twitches. He said it is seen in ALS patients when I asked why. Not what I wanted to hear.