View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 02:27 PM

Thumbs up Post-Op day #14

So, I have arrived at 2 weeks and finally got a chance to see under the steri strips! Other than looking like a victim of a mugging gone wrong, the scar is fantastic so far. I am very optimistic! Got my silicone scar sheet on and ready to heal.

I got a little over excited after being able to sit at a table with friends over the weekend and spent a little too much time sitting altogether over the weekend, actually thought I could stop the Tylenol, but at the very least, I am down to just 16 hours a day on the "arthritis" 8 hour dose. Don't need it to sleep.

The post op numbness in my left hand has mostly resolved, just the very tips of my thumb and index finger remain. Not sure if due to the nerve root manipulation during surgery or the arterial line that was placed for the surgery...

Am very attached to my collar, find it reassuring as I move around and prefer to wear it as then I don't have think about whether or not I am flexing my neck too much.

I am blessed that sleeping has been wonderful. I found the with the collar, the ikea contour firm pillow which I found too firm pre-op is actually perfect now. Keeps me all strait and holds up to the rigid collar nicely.

Have been blessed with friends who come by to entertain me and walk with me during the day. I am up to 3.5-4 miles per day. At least I will have tone legs ready to go when I am cleared to hike and ski!

Thanks for listening!

C4/5, 5/6. 6/7 degenerative cervical spine disease with stenosis, severe cord compression with atrophy
presented suddenly
Post Op for Anterior corpectomy and fusion of C5-7 with PEEK cage, discectomy and fusion C4-5 with PEEK cage and anterior titanium plate June '10