View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 05:26 PM

Yes, I'm still on a few morphine a day, anywhere from 20mg to 80mg, depending on how busy I am. If it never gets better than this, I will be thrilled From what other fusion patients have posted, their pain levels have usually disappeared anywhere from six months to a year post-op. It is a far cry from 360mg/day.

So if I behave myself and don't spend time in my garden, etc. then I am basically pain free. (And I am very careful about bending, twisting etc. while doing my favourite things ) I don't think it can be much more strenuous than physio for building my core strength. I've started exercises in the pool and it really feels good, again as long as I don't over do it.

Thanks for asking, and the nice words. It feels awesome to finally go out and have a shot at real life and not be totally looped on pain meds or pain

If anyone has any more stories about their recovery from fusion or cervical ADR, I'd love to hear them, especially if they have experience with Nuvasive.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.