View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 03:58 PM

My herniation is a celephad extruded herniation, never got a straight answer from doc but I think that means not contained. And again with my DDD it is which doc I see. I have multiple tears that leaked dye so I guess it is not great for my age 32. I also have some stenosis and smorls nodes that make it hard to discern the source ( to me). I think smorls nodes are underestimated even though its the same, some have them without pain while others have them with pain. I mean they are in essence herniations or endplate disruption which you would think cause constant irritatiion
One question is that with endplate abrasion they scrape the endplate but what about the rest of the vertabrae, is it not the same biological material as the endplate and why would it not loose its porosity also. I myself have been thinking about the oilfield, when the perforations ( holes in the formation that oil flows into the well through) gets plugged with salt deposits we circulate an acid through them and it opens them up. If there was someway a non destructive acid (if there is such a thing)could be circulated through the vertabrae. Probably never work but I just cant get it out of my head.

And in the instances where regeneration happens I just wonder how you differentiate from a natural healing that would have happened anyway, no matter if you had the disc abrasion done or not. I would have to see the amount of time they had been suffering and the amount of time the regeneration took.

Last edited by Aaron; 08-01-2010 at 04:01 PM.