View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 10:32 AM

Send a message via MSN to Keano16 Send a message via Skype™ to Keano16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

And Keano, the more I read about the studies throughout the world they sound so good, but in reality it is a very complicated selection process is it not? Like ADR the selection process of elimination is one of the most important aspects of a successful outcome. And more and more these studies look to be tweaked for the doctors benefit. The idea itself is great but how could these doctors do an unbiased test? How would you disprove the results and verify they are not selecting the results they want to show. Are there any of these trials/studies that are done world wide at the same time and those results compared? This is an area I have not looked into as there are so few thorasic studies it would seem.
Yes, unfortunately it is. But, some doctors for some reason expand indications. All researches and studies should be considered with caution of course. For example, for PLDD there are multi-center studies and they all prove the same: PLDD is safe and effective for contained herniations.

For thoracic studies, have a look at Wooridul Spine Hospital web site. I have seen a lot of scientific papers about T-spine.

2005 - 2012: Rich personal experience with spinal disorders and various treatments (surgical, therapeutic, diagnostic)
Co-Founder: Vertebris Internationl Spine Hospital
Founder: Spinoteka - Society for Spine Diseases