Thread: Over medicated?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 07:39 PM

Default mind clearer

Mark,
I felt the same way for the longest time re avoiding neuropathies vs. a clearer mind w/intolerable nerve pain.

This is like what happened when I was taking Elavil for neuropathies in a way. I was started at 50mg/day and I ended up weaning down to a 10mg dose once/week because I was so stuporous/sleepy at work in the afternoon.

With the Neurontin I felt like my mind was actually scrambled for periods of several hours to half a day on a more regular basis.

Perhaps there were synergistic effects of Neurontin and Methadone at a later point in the last 12 years tho it seems more like when the nerve pain seems to have dropped enough then the level of medication was "too high." Or nerves were just not so aggravated because L5S1 fused/no leaking of nasty stuff on nerves?

I don't know if I even need 600 mg/day and I may try decreasing it again by half or so though I'm able to be quite functional at this dose w/o neuropathies and a much clearer mind.

I was reading on a site that Allan listed on another forum about the potential synergistic effect of Topamax and Methadone and I was prescribed it once for neuropathies which I didn't get to reach a max dose as just being off the Neurontin one day ruined my 2004 4th of July weekend at Dog Beach/Ocean Beach! The pain was so crippling.

More recently I was prescribed Topamax for migraines to get off Fioricet but I find that I get less migraines than I used to so need for either drug isn't really "up there" so not taking the T and still prn'ing the Fioricet as it works well for my migraines when they occur.

Now if I could just get off the Methadone and have my innards function w/o lots o' lax~ I'd be a real happy camper.

Will see what the future holds. Thanks again

Last edited by Maria; 08-05-2010 at 07:45 PM.