View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 10:44 AM

Regarding disc REgeneration I recently sent an email to Dr Wim van Blitterswijk, one of the authors of the case study in the first post of this thread. with disc regeneration. I asked why no one has done follow up research to confirm or refute the finding linking long term ingestion of GS with disc regeneration. His courteous response was….
“Lack of financial support and insufficient interest among (traditional) physicians are the reasons why no further clinical studies have been undertaken. Too bad.
I can only advise you to use these supplements. If it does not help you, it will not hurt you either. Good luck,
Wim van Blitterswijk”

It appears the spine surgeon community and their associations have no interest in investigating or knowing whether sustained nutritional supplementation can have a role in reversing early disc degeneration, a distinct possibility indicated by the case study.
I suppose it might pose a risk of reducing future spine surgeries and by a simple means that cannot be patented or monopolized by surgeons or industry. It might also generate more patient interest in biologics. Frightening thoughts!