Thread: Really Confused
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 11:14 PM

Default Really Confused

Well let me introduce myself, and let you know whats going on. My name is Joseph,im 41 years old. I work in the port of Los angeles. In 2004 I was injured in a slip and fall accident. I had an 18mm disc herniation at L4-5, and a 10mm at L2-3. Had a laminectomy, discectomy at both levels. Recovered pretty well from that, and started enjoying life again. Took about 2 years. Then at the end of last year, I was involved in a auto accident. I have 3 herniated discs in my neck. Had some epidurals that seemed to help with those. My lumbar has herniated discs at all 4 levels. 6mmL1-2, 4mm L2-3, 3mm L3-4, and 6mm L4-5. I just had a discogram and 1-2,2-3,and 4-5 are all bad. My Dr. is Rick Delamarter. When he looked at my MRI he thought i might need a double level fusion at 1-2, and 2-3, and replace the disc at 4-5. I see him Monday to go over the results of the discogram. I believe i have one of the best Dr.s around. Im just really confused about the disc replacement. I believe he will use the Pro DiscL. Ive read alot of comments on the pro disc, there are alot of differnt opinions on it. Ive read alot of horror stories, and alot of great recovery stories. Does anybody have any experience with this Dr, and any suggestions or comments about this surgery. im really confused. Im also tired of living in constant pain.