View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 11:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to Keano16 Send a message via Skype™ to Keano16

hmmm...

To be honest, I am really not sure why you quote me about IDET and Yeung by this occasion.

I have just mentioned IDET as a fluroscopically guided "blind" procedure, and thats it. I have not recommended it to anyone. Dr. Yeung and many other surgeons tried IDET as a serious alternative to fusion and ADR, but only in theory. In practice, situation was different, results were not good any MOST of surgeons abandoned IDET as an alternative for internal disc disruption.

7mm endoscope (you call it cannula in IDET procedure, but you are wrong) is not used during IDET. IDET is blind procedure that does not utilize endocope. It utilizes needle, and trough that needle coil is inserted.

Endoscope is used during endoscopic spine surgeries, and it creates a hole in annulus like you say, but in the end, when you look at all the facts why this hole is created - it all makes sense. However, all this procedures have contraindications, complications and failures. That is normal...

In theory all methods are great, including micro-discectomy. Its simple, they cut you, take out the herniated part of your disc, they close you, and thats it!!! However, like my friend neurosurgeon often says, in spinal medicine, two plus two is not always four.

2005 - 2012: Rich personal experience with spinal disorders and various treatments (surgical, therapeutic, diagnostic)
Co-Founder: Vertebris Internationl Spine Hospital
Founder: Spinoteka - Society for Spine Diseases