View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 01:27 AM

Linda,
I had a fusion at L5/S1 on 2/6/09. I could of gotten a ADR, but I felt uncomfortable with the devices to chose from. They haven't been out there in patients long enough to prove that they are reliable. At L5/S1 you won't lose your motion with a fusion. The only problem I have is leg and tailbone pain still. I am still taking 20mg Opana ER 3x daily and hydrocodone compound 2x daily for break through pain. I recently started seeing an acupuncture doctor. He is doing electro stimulation, infrared and giving me an amazing massage at the end of treatment. When I leave there I feel amazing. Some days I hurt real bad and live through the massage. The tears are ready to flow on painful days. But when he is done I feel better. His electro stimulation beats a spinal chord stimulator by a long shot. When I had my trial, I had to turn it up so high to get tail bone relief, that my legs would start hurting worse than ever. With his, he puts the needles in only the parts that hurt. It pinpoints the areas and sets each one to stimulate enough for relief. If I could walk around all day like this I would. So much better than the medtronic stimulator. Sorry if I got of subject.