Thread: Really Confused
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 01:30 PM

Default lotta work

Wow! makes sense re the 3/4 disc in terms of not leaving it alone and it being stable tho that sure is a whole lotta work you're going to have done. What's the explanation for fusion at upper levels vs. disc replacements? I'm sure there's a very good one I'm just wondering why. Also did I miss something re multi level disc replacement being FDA approved yet? I'd be surprised if WC authorizes the surgery here in CA as I've been told thru my WC PTP (primary treating physician) that I can't even get epidurals authorized at this point let alone surgery. He said it's like that for everyone in CA right now not just my case which I heard him telling someone else in another room the same thing.

Perhaps you've got a better insurance carrier since you've been working for the Port of LA and also since your case is still in litigation or at least still actively going on.

Who is your 2nd opinion going to be from if you don't mind me asking? With this much work I'd be asking for 5 or 6 opinions probably ( I did and only had 2 to 3 levels involved). And surprisingly they all agreed (yet since I felt better I didn't have more surgery tho my case is 28 years old so finally the old spine actually did autofuse saving me the trouble of more surgery).

Good luck with whatever you decide and whomever you go with and with WC authorizing everything the way recommended.