View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 03:38 PM

Default re tendonitis

BlueCanoe,
I've now had this condition 2 years and the flare ups aren't quite as frequent but they stop me dead from activity when happening. I don't do anything but rest really because that's what helps the most. I don't want to increase the tearing in the tendon necessitating surgery as I think then my back and whole body would be in revolt so just try to avoid walking at all when the tendonitis kicks in. It's not easy!

I use an insert in my shoes as well (Sole) that I get at Runner's High (running shoe store) even tho I don't run tho I walk a lot. Orthotics in the past have aggravated sciatica for me so I don't use them even tho one Podiatrist told me that wasn't possible and I was "faking it" if I'd continue to say that happens. Of course I dropped him right away!

Sometimes I wrap my feet/ankles/lower legs with ace bandage just while inside at home because it makes me feel better (more supported in the anke area) tho doubt it's helping at all..

Elevate legs/feet at night to sleep when hurting the most.

Good luck and don't expect this condition to go away easily tho try to take care of yourself and minimize damage to the involved tendon.