View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 04:31 PM

Default re PT UTZ other

Hi BlueCanoe,
Yes w/i the first year I had some treatment w/UTZ and PT however the PT tho because I had Plantar Fasciitis (sp) as well as PTT but it was too much of a hassle as the PT and UTZ aggravated the tendonitis it seemed so staying off my feet during acute episodes worked out the best.

I too have a dog tho live in the city so sometimes have to have friends walk her for me or she has to suffer very short walks (during acute episode).

Uneven ground is pretty much unmanagable for me when the episode is acute as I feel like I have no stability which I think is pretty much true when that tendon is inflammed.

I walked on the beach barefoot for about an hour several days ago and was pleased not to have a flareup as I wasn't on packed sand all the time tho felt it better to walk w/o shoes at this point than with.

During the first year I experienced this problem I was off my feet for periods of nearly 2 and 3 months at a time except inside to get to the bathroom, kitchen etc and even then using a cane at night and early a.m.

Isn't just amazing what stuff can go on with our bodies?? I wonder how the cave man lived such an undomesticated life?! Didn't live to be 50 plus that's for sure!