View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 12:55 AM

Default Off Neurontin and slowly adding exercise

It's been quite some while since I had a big neuropathy flare up after riding my new bike which has sat unridden since then.

Since this time I've stopped taking Neurontin completely now for a week. So far so good.

Now adding some light exercises that I'm doing at home. Started with once/day and today so far has been 2x/day just for 10-15 minutes with some upper and lower body and crunches.

Most people report gaining weight when starting Neurontin. I actually gained some weight going off it. 5 lbs right in the abd and bumm so am wanting to try to work this off tho not rigorously.

Have had a few posterior tibial tendonitis flare ups in both feet so cannot walk as much as I'd like in terms of "exercise" plus the rest of my body needs some toning.

Just getting on the mat last night my upper back felt like so weird like I could feel every bone back there that I was lying on. Today the 2nd time I exercised I felt looser in my upper back and much better.

I don't want to screw anything up so am trying to introduce some really light weight exercise into my lifestyle again and hope that I can handle it. Normally my neck really bothers me when I try to exercise my arms however I'm trying to work around this.

Am trying to use relaxation techniques and gentle stretching to keep my cervical area calm (vs. drugs) however am feeling some muscle tightness/light pain currently tho at this point I'm can handle it.

Slow and steady.. guess it's just a life long mantra for an old spiney

Last edited by Maria; 09-02-2010 at 12:57 AM.