Thread: Hiking again
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 07:18 AM

Default 9 month xrays check up

Well, I did my nine month xrays and it shows I am fused. I am backing off from some of the more intense stuff I was doing. I can really stay out of pain if I don't do massive cleaning which is totally not worth it. My weight has gone down too from just moving around more.

I am down from over 8 norco a day to about two. Sometimes I take a muscle relaxant and then I have a few days a month I just blow it and have to take it easy but that's pretty darn different from spending half my life in bed hiding from the world. Every day is a gift. One that I know can change at any time so I'm more respectful of what I have now. I cannot believe I suffered the way I did for over a decade. I'll be flying a lot more in the next upcoming months so that's a bit of a test. I still use tons of cusions wherever I drive or sit. Why not I figure. Makes me more comfortible. I just don't care what others think.

I'm starting to work again going from total disability to work is a challenge. I lost so many years. Enjoying all I am doing. So so glad I did this fusion, both front and back. Almost at the five year cancer remission so feeling pretty happy.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.