Thread: Really Confused
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 07:28 AM

Default Fears

It's normal to have fears over spinal surgery but I really think your doing the right thing and you can't get a better surgeon. Think of it also as a priviledge. I couldn't get to see Dr.Delemarter as I had cancer within the five year mark and I couldn't even get an appt. it's a tough decision and there are risks.

I had a double level fusion, front and back (bone density shot from chemo). I was in agoznizing pain for over ten years, lost over ten years of my life to pain, depresssion, no work, no life and suffered a lot. I wish I hadn't waited so long. I'm nine months out and I feel like a new person. Before you know it, six months will be gone and you may not believe how glad you are you did this.

Recoery for me was all unknown, many strange feelings I never expected physically but I think I'm over the worst of it.

I wish you the very best of luck!!!!

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.