Thread: Hiking again
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:16 PM

Default great news!

Sounds like you hit the jackpot on surgical decision, surgery/recovery (compliments of your surgeon's skill and your body's compliance)!

Great news about returning to work. I wish I could do that however even if my back could tolerate it my feet couldn't at least not what I used to do. I'd need a very flexible schedule as in "when I can show up!"

As glad as you are that you had your fusion surgery I'm glad that I didn't have any further surgery and my body has done as well as it has on it's own.
Altho like you stated each day is a gift and I don't have expectations that things will stay as they are tho just enjoy that for now "it is what it is" with my back.

I had been using Forteo for months but I've been non compliant with treatment and gone off it because the smell of the medicine really got to me like a weird plastic odor. I know this is a stupid reason and I'll start it again tho I'm sure I've not done myself any favors with this.

Did you take use Forteo or other to build up your BMD again?

Thanks for posting and updating us with your continued recovery and so glad to hear it's going so well