View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 02:23 PM

Default weaning off

Thanks Dale re your experience. I too took the dose down from 1800mg/day to 0 over about 6 weeks with each dose change lasting nearly 2 weeks.

In the past my body would react if I even tried to take it down by one dose and violently with horribly increased burning pain in my arms, buttocks, and legs. Crippling pain.

I think my head had been telling me for quite some time to start reducing the dose but I just didn't "get it" ~ I wasn't even clear enough to figure that out on my own!

Mentally I still have some sluggish periods tho it's very abbreviated and overall I feel so much more energetic and clear minded. I think even the way I speak reflects my clearer thinking or so my friends are telling me.

I do understand what you mean re drive and productivity. I too feel a little pain that isn't crippling would be tolerable just so I can continue to feel this good mentally.

I'm sure that 12 years worth of this drug isn't going to come out of my system all that easily if at all (must be deposits in fat/tissue). I wonder if there is a safe way to flush my system... I guess the most safe manner is to drink plenty of water~

Last edited by Maria; 09-03-2010 at 02:25 PM.