View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 09:52 PM

Default Adr problem after 2 years? advice please.

Hi Everyone,
Im looking for some advice as im feeling really frightened due to a sudden onset of awful pain.
Ive got a long spinal history, heres a really brief outline of my history so far:

2005- Accident at work (nurse) results in disc prolapses (L3-4 & L4-5) also found to be hypermobile L4-5 and congenitally fused L5-S1)
2006- Mulitple nerve root blocks tried unsuccessfully (nerve compression)
2006- first surgery L4-L5 disc decompression. (large prolapse)
18 months pain free!!!
2008- Sudden onset of backpain.
2008- Discogram shows re-prolapse L4-5, L3-4 prolapse-disc now torn.
2008- Adr (L3-L4 and fusion L4-L5) 360degree surgery, fusion using bmp, prodisc adr.
2009- Pain increase, bilteral nerve block injections L4-5 Facet joint injections L3-4.
March 2009- Revision surgery L4-L5 to fuse facet joints using bone graft from hip.
Success!!!

It took a very long time to get my health back after my surgeries and ive been back at work full time since March this year, ive also been involved in sport again and been very active, my fusion pain disappeared and ive just had the occasional pain from my adr site.

In the past 2 weeks, from no-where my pain levels have gone crazy, its definitely all facet joint related at the adr site (My pain consultant gave me injections here in 2009 as he felt they were problematic), and I know how my facet joints felt at the fusion site before the revision and fusion of them, this is the same pain just a bit higher)
I have acute hip pain stemming from each side of the adr site, and for the past 2 days ive had awful sciatica all the way down my left leg into my heel.

Im so very worried, I know that something is wrong at the adr site, and the thought of more surgery scares me, I keep telling myself that it may fade and it will be ok, but ive experienced so much over the years with my back, and my gut feeling is that something is awry.
Thanks so much for listening, im just really worried.