Thread: Radiologists
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 06:11 AM

Ah yes, JCAH visits, and the rush to make sure everything is done "just right!" Been there, done that as I was a Registered Nurse for 39 years, and spent most of my working years in the Operating Room. HMOs destroyed good medical care, and it's been going downhill ever since. That retired orthopod who did Dan's Independent Medical Exam told us that lumbar fusion only has a 10-20% success rate! I'm positive that he was talking about the old-fashioned way of doing them as he told of a patient who's iliac vein was "nicked" and he required 24 units of blood, and almost didn't make it. DID NOT believe that as that vein isn't that large. Probably an orthopod doing the conventional fusion procedure, and grabbed a hunk of the vena cava, tearing it, or worse, the aorta. I've seen the vena cava torn, during a regular lum lam, and the patient didn't require any blood as the scrub tech recognized what had happened, and got the cardiovascular surgeon in there. Poor patient had incisions on his back and abdomen. I may have already told this story, LOL! My brain cell has shorted out and I need to get to bed. Keeping y'all in prayer as I know what it's like to deal with constant, chronic pain~~~constant cervicogenic headaches due to a neck injury on the job.