View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 01:24 AM

My friend has experienced some improvement with the use of both arms now. However, having reviewed a couple of articles in medical journals, as well as posts in this forum and a couple of others, I believe the time has arrived to begin collecting information to use if the need should arise within the very near future.

His surgery involved the c6-7, c4-5, c3-2 region with decompression and two artificial vertebra placements. From what I understand, his natural c6-7 disk had penetrated nearly halfway into the spine and that once the doctor removed this protruding disk swelling occurred and hence the paralysis. Based upon my research, the cause of the paralysis could also be attributed to several other causes. My greatest fear, which I haven't shared with him of course, is that the longer the paralysis remains the less opportunity for a full and complete recovery.

What I need to do is to begin contacting other knowledgeable surgeons who have experience repairing work that comes out of Stenum, as well as the names and contact information of attorneys with experience in this area.

Any ideas????? Thanks to everyone for your help!!!!