View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 04:39 AM
Administrator

Default Dr. Serena Hu – spinal reconstruction surgeon extraordinaire!

Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to observe a very complex surgery with Dr. Serena Hu at UCSF. I’d known of her for many years. She performed a 3-level ProDisc surgery on a client of mine back in 2004, when almost NOBODY got 3-level lumbar ADR done in the US. She’s definitely an a-list surgeon, but until this year, I had no idea how amazing she is.

My recent client had a very complex scoliosis case. As expected, presentation to 4 surgeons yielded 5 opinions and 6 different surgical approaches. (Obviously, I’m joking, but the point is well founded… no consensus of opinions.)

There was a substantial amount of reconstruction required in this case and it was unclear to me how this would go. I can’t really post details but I cannot say enough about how brilliant Dr. Hu’s solution was, AND how perfectly she was able to execute a technically demanding (seemingly impossible) surgery. Before the surgery was over, I found myself thinking of how great her solution was, providing the best balance of maximum correction and balanced configuration of the patient’s spine, with the smallest possible surgery. Again, I can’t say enough about her.

I have another client who is an MD up in the Bay Area. A few days ago I was talking to her and I was gushing about how wonderful Dr. Hu is. I was not ready for her to gush right back to me. “Dr. Hu is one of the top 4 or 5 scoliosis surgeons in the country.”

I look forward to more opportunities to work with her! Not only is she a talented diagnostician and surgeon, but she is also very personable easy for the patients to communicate with. And, she takes most insurance!!!

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org