View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 09:03 AM

Default could be

That the physio is working for strengthening and range of motion and so forth tho that does't mean that at the same time the annular tear or disc bulge or whatever can worsen and/or just become aggravated temporarily ( I call acute episodes "flare ups" vs. the more chronic pain). Sometimes these things just happen even if you don't do anything or it seems like we're not doing anything just activiites of daily living.

What I used to do is if I felt worse or had a flare up I'd take it easy for a few days or not go to my PT so as not to further exaccerbate symptoms. Each to his or her own of course so do what you think is right for you.

Do check out that link I put in previous post if you'd like to understand a bit more about the nature of some very common spine problems such as annular tear.

Yes, it's a drag to have pain and spine probs and living with it can take some adaptation however as you mentioned keeping a positive attitude is helpful. Even tho I did plenty of "freaking out" I know that wasn't too helpful tho was difficult not to while I was working (and missing work due to back pain/probs).

Good luck~try to ride out the flareup by taking it easy. Not sure what helps you re ice/heat/ restful positions, muscle relaxers, and so forth tho try whatever does and very glad you found a GP that believes you!

Last edited by Maria; 11-18-2010 at 09:05 AM.