View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 05:14 PM

Default Cervical Spine MRI pics - input pls?

Hi there - after much pain etc for 6 months, had an xray in August and got results...(see just below at bottom) and finally got in for my MRI Nov. 12 - still haven't got the report but did get a disc to review on my own.

Still suffering from lack of range of motion in neck, pain, numbness in hands and now going through arms with tingles etc.

Still waiting to see neurologist etc.

I have attached some pics that I am curious about if anyone would like to make comments on...I understand that we aren't docs, but alot of you are experts on your spine mri's!

From what I can tell I have discs that have spurs both anteriorly and posteriorly and have a ruptured disc and some anterolisthesis...

BUT in the 3rd and 4th pic, what is the big nodule on my back (I have seen mri videos that say that area is "fat" but it is usually just white, but I am 5'10" and only 150 and in great shape so don't have big gobs of fat there) and what is with all the black lines (nerves, blood?) and those same lines in csf just opposite to it??

Any other observations and guesses would be much appreciated!!

thanks so much!

*Severe degenerative disc disease with endplate spurring and loss of disc space at C5-6 and C6-7.
*Advanced degenerative facet arthrosis at C-4 and C4-5 with 3mm of anterolishesis of c4 on c5 secondary to degenerative facet arthrosis.
*Uncovertebral spurring and facet arthrosis contributes to moderate neuroforaminal stenosis at C3-4, C5-6 and C6-7 worse on left than right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mri_Page_1.jpg (50.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg mri_Page_2.jpg (49.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg mri_Page_3.jpg (44.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg mri_Page_4.jpg (46.0 KB, 14 views)