View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 01:31 PM

Default re standing station

There are many modified type of stations on the market tho I just put my monitor up on a box and keyboard on the desk until the company I worked for paid for a standing station. As I said I worked that way for the last 5 years I was employed.

I avoided sitting for years because after my 2nd back surgery which failed that position was the most uncomfortable and seemed to bring about acute flare ups. And actually the pain was just chronically bad and sitting hurt like hell.

Lately tho since about 2005/6 I've done better and supposedly I've autofused at L5S1. Another thing that helped me in the interim is when I started lumbar epidural steroid injections back in 2001. I could sit after I'd get one of those tho the duration is only for about an hour.

Re leaking disc material causing muscle spasms.. or for whatever reason like too much sitting or bad spinal positioning creating muscle spasms and then maybe that tweaking the disc by all the spasming tho I usually think it tends to be the other way 'round. Not sure which is first sometimes tho...

Be glad you have an understanding gf as that is quite nice. She must really love you so don't tell her to go away! Altho I know what you mean about not wanting to hold her back ... it's the kind of stuff that runs thru our heads when we're all messed up and feel so limited and self worth is diminished.

Dine in the bar part of a restaurant where the seats are higher and one can stand while still being at a table or counter! There are solutions for near everything as long as you can get yourself out of the house!

Ask me how I manage to fly...

Last edited by Maria; 11-19-2010 at 01:34 PM.