View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Jarrod, welcome to the forum! Sorry you are needing to consider surgery.

I don't have a lot of time right now. There is much to consider. I'll get through as much as I can.

If you are a weightlifter, I'll assume you are built like one. Getting an ADR into C7-T1 is quite problematic on people with fireplug builds... stocky, short, thick neck. I'd inquire about experience w/c7-t1.

Do you have muscle atrophy just since sept injury, or was it atrophied before and you just didn't know you had a problem because the symptoms had not become apparent yet?

I don't know anyone who has been to Clavel. I am planning on going to India in January to discover more about our surgical options over there. Next week, I'll be in Zwickau to learn more about M6 options with the surgeon I wrote about here:

M6 Cervical ADR, more options!

Please let me know about pricing from Clavel and Rajakumar.

I do have some reservations about getting mobile core devices in large multi-level constructs. I know people with successful procedures with this configuration, but have also seen problems. As always, I believe that if you get a proper implantation and are a good candidate, all the discs are likely to be a success.

I'm so pleased that you are finding the internet patient community so useful. I credit the braintalk spinal disorders forum with saving my life in 2000. It is amazing to so rapidly develop strong bonds with total strangers. We share things here in a public forum that we can't discuss in private elsewhere.

Thanks for participating. Hopefully, you'll be a great success and will be able to give back as well.

Whatever you decide, good luck! All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org