View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 08:00 AM

Mark,

Thank you for the info on c7/t1 and the complications that can arise with someone of my build. I am a big boy just naturally, 6'3 250 lbs, and am feeling better than I did when that disc herniated.

As far as pricing goes: Dr. Rajakumar (India) quoted me $30,000 for a 3 level, using the prestige lp.
Dr. Pablo Clavel (Spain) quoted me $39,000 for a 3 level, using the m6-c.

I am sure that c7/t1 will have to be removed no matter what as it was told to me to be a major factor of my symptoms in my left arm by both stateside neurosurgeons and abroad surgeons.

As far as choosing Dr. Clavel I have read great things about him and his skill as a surgeon, from the info I have gathered he has done over 300 cervical adrs using the m6. I will now contact him and ask him about his experience with c7/t1 adr surgiers and also reinterate my size and build to make sure he is confident in doing that level. Here is what my mri report says word for word.

c5/6: Broad, moderate, undulating postier disc protrusion producing severe canal stenosis and apperant slight cord compression. There appear to be some intrinsic signal changes in the cord at this level which may reflect contusion or myelomalicia. There is moderate to bilateral foraminial narrowing present.

c6/7: Large, broad left paracentral disc protrusion is present severly effacing left lateral recess with a moderate degree of associated canal stenosis. There is moderate asymmetrically left sided forminal stenosis.

There is a large left paracentral to left lateral disc herniation which obliterates the left lateral recess and exit foramen. The thecal sac is deformed and turned related to the disc herniation but overall degree of canal stenosis relatively mild.

So I guess I've done a number on myself. Never had any back or neck pain before Sept. and no atropy of the arm. Also no dexterity problems either.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have surgery because i am not in severe pain like I was when I herniated c7/t1. But all 4 surgeons who have seen my MRI scans agree that I am in danger if I do nothing. Fusion is not an option for me if I am an ADR candaite, which I am. My next move is of course to talk to Dr. Clavel about my c7/t1 disc replacement and to arrive in Spain on Dec 5th. Not scheduled for surgery till the 9th. I will personally talk extensively with Clavel when I arrive in Spain about all my concerns.

Mark thanks for the reply and if you have time will you please post other questions I might want to ask Dr. Clavel. Again thank you to everyone that has replied and to all that have posted their stories and questions on this board, I wish the best for all of you GOD BLESS.