View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 PM

Mark,

Nope, c6/7 is right. I forgot to label c7/t1. The Impression is as follows:

Multilevel disc herniations with broad undulating protrusion at c5/6 contributing to severe canal stenosis and appear to be some signal changes in the cord at this level. At c6/7, a large left paracentral protrusion produces a moderate canal stenosis, and c7/t1 level a very large protrusion obliterates the laft lateral recess and exit foramen.

I enjoy your posts because a know how informed you are and the procedures that you have seen and experienced is by far the most comprhensive on the internet. I must ask you, do you recommend a fusion over ADR at c7/t1 because there is less movement at the thoracic spine (flexion,extrension) than in the c spine. Should I worry about adjacent disc disease after a possible fusion at c7/t1. It is my understanding that when you start to get into bad discs in the thoracic area it can be difficult and even more dangerous. From what my US surgeons told me c5/6 and c6/7 have more than likely been herniated and diseased for a couple of years and their weakness and instability put the adjacent c7/t1 disc under more stress until my activities combined with added pressure made it herniate. This is what I'm trying to avoid, so whatever is the best route for me I will take. I am setting up an extensive phone conversation with Dr. Clavel so I can ask his opinion on all the questions that have come up.

Also do not worry, I will keep you and the forum up to date with what is going on. It will be important for me to post my story and outcome for other relatively young adults who are in a serious situation such as mine. I agree that something has to be done about my issues in the c spine area, as I have read also that things can get really bad really fast. Scared to death, but posting seems to reassure me that I am making an informed decision based on mountains of research and with talking to people like you who have been through it.