View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:34 PM

Default Cervical cord compression symptoms worsened by weather!

I'm guessing I have had a glimpse of my non-surgical future recently. I live in a part of Canada where we have Chinook winds, heavy, warm winds that are cause by high and low pressure systems colliding over the mountains.

Yesterday I thought I was done for with my neck - I had spinal cord compression diagnosed 6 years ago and having no symptoms, I have been trying to avoid surgery ever since. I woke up feeling god-awful all over, achy, slightly nauseous, sore neck, twitches in my arms, buzzing in my trap muscle, and I figured my neck had reached the point of no return. Boy was I bummed. I have made it this far and was hoping I could put off dealing with things indefinitely. But yesterday was awful.

I woke up this morning feeling much better, and remembered that this happened a month or so ago too. Then, as the temperature here roared up from -15C to +4 in a few hours, it dawned on me - it was the Chinook! I'm guessing the dramatic change in barometric pressure affects my brain and spinal cord in a manner similar to how it causes migraine headaches in a lot of people. I'm hoping so, anyway!

Anybody else had a similar experience?