View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 06:39 AM

Hi Tisury,

I certainly hope that there is not an overwhelming trend regarding females and multi-level Prodisc ADR problems because I am a 2 level replacement at L4-5 & L5-S1. If there is significant statistical information regarding increased incidence of failure among this demographic of spine patients I would like to know!!!

So far so good. I do have some pings of sciatica here and there especially with weather changes here in the midwest. However, I would take the life I have now any day over what I had just prior to surgery and the chronic daily pain levels.

As far as using a charge card. VISA worked okay for me - but it depends on the business. If you are able to use it, that is great because you will get the best rate of exchange that way (of course I am not taking into consideration the interest rate of the charge card). We also brought traveler's checks with us and exchanged some cash at either the airport or a bank. Our hotel was okay with using a charge card - but their are many retailers such as restaurants that will not.

Make sure you bring some movies with you unless you REALLY like watching MTV and CNN - because the last time I was over that way - all of the other stations were in German. You may also want to bring an electric cord adapter for hair dryer, laptop, curling iron, & etc....

I'm sure Mark is a pro at this by now and can perhaps offer a few tips.

I wish you nothing but the best.

Poncho

PS Tisury, did your Flexicore fail??? OR were there more levels that were painful that they did not know about at the time when you received your Flexicore ADR???