View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 05:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to tisury

Wow........I just lost a post that I sat here and typed. Have no idea how. But anyhow, no I feel like I am repeating myself.....lol

First, thanks to all who have responded. My impression from this friend (someone I met through another forum) is that there is a major problem with women and the multi level Prodisc according to trial data and that it is being pushed under the covers. That is why I figured my best bet at getting at true response was to come here and find actual people who have had the multi level procedure. They feel that the "weight" of the Prodiscs is contributing to her ongoing problems. I wish I knew more details. That is why I am here. I don't know if it is due to the smaller build of most women or their tendency to have more bone density issues. I just don't know what the reason is behind this statement.

As for my one level Flexicore - no one (including Dr. B or Dr. Zeegers) thinks there are any issues or failures of the ADR at L5-S1. I had many contradictory diagnosis before surgery as to whether I needed a one level, 2 level, or 3 level intervention. Also, contradictory discograms. One said only L34, one said only L5S1. The last discogram was used as the basis for the one level ADR at L5S1. Long, long, long story..........believe me. My pain is pretty much in the same areas and the same intensity as before my first surgery in 2004, so I personally believe that it was just always more than a one level problem.

About exchanging money at the airport or bank - did you get a decent exchange rate doing it there? Are there banks near the Straubing or Bogen facilities to do this or should you do it while you are in Munich? I really need to find time to sift through posts. The problem is I am trying to make it through one more tax season before I leave for Germany (the money will certainly help, if it doesn't kill me in the meantime). I had saved a lot of informational posts over the last couple of years, but my computer crashed the beginning of Jan and I lost ALOT of info. The really important stuff (correspondence with Dr. B and Dr. Fenk-Mayer) I had hard copies of or backups. But I really wish I had all that other info I had collected.

Sitting time is maxed out for now. Thanks again to everyone.
Oct 2004-very minor improvement -severe nerve pain in hips,legs, and backside has not improved.
Rhizotomy L2-L5 no relief
Sept 2005-Positional MRI shows bulges at L3-4 &
L4-5 impinging on nerves
May 2006 Nuleoplasty L3-5 no help
May 22 2007-2nd ADR surgery-2 level Prodisc (L34 &
L45) & vertebroplasty - Dr. Bertagnoli -Germany.

Last edited by tisury; 03-23-2007 at 12:02 AM.