View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to tisury

I had radiofrequency neurotomies done from L2 to L5. Unfortunetely, it didn't do a thing for me. The diagnostic injections they did (facet joint blocks and medial branch blocks) gave me brief, but remarkable relief. The actual rhizotomies did nothing to relieve any pain. The feeling is that the injections "leaked" out and coated the nerves, but that the facets were not the actual problem. I don't understand this as well as I would like to. If they are zapping the nerve, why wouldn't it work if it isn't a facet problem?
On the plus side though, I have talked with people who have gotten remarkable relief from the neurotomies - sometimes for as long as a year. They say they knew when the nerves were growing back cause their old pain started to return, and then they would go get zapped again. My understanding is that it is a very safe procedure and will not burn any bridges for further treatment if it doesn't work. That argument made it worth a try in my books.
Oct 2004-very minor improvement -severe nerve pain in hips,legs, and backside has not improved.
Rhizotomy L2-L5 no relief
Sept 2005-Positional MRI shows bulges at L3-4 &
L4-5 impinging on nerves
May 2006 Nuleoplasty L3-5 no help
May 22 2007-2nd ADR surgery-2 level Prodisc (L34 &
L45) & vertebroplasty - Dr. Bertagnoli -Germany.

Last edited by tisury; 03-12-2007 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Brain fog apparently