View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 03:43 PM

Default about stem cells for fow back pain

Hello,

The first thing I must do is apologise for my bad english. I am in Madrid and I have suffered from low back pain for two years. I have intervertebral disc degeneration in L5-S1. I had a treatement with my own cultured stem cells on June 2010. My back and leg pain has improved about 40%, maybe a little more, but I have still problems. My question is about where is possible to get this kind of treatments. For example, where LM did he get it? Do you know which clinics in Europe are doing the treatments? And do you know if they are getting good results?

Thank you. You can ask everything about my treatment if it interests you.

Luis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonrob View Post
Don't forget The Regenexx? Procedure
Dramatic Reduction in Disc Bulge with Disc Stem Cell Injection
LM is a 39 year old male with a 16 year history of severe low back and leg pain. He underwent injection of his own cultured stem cells into his disc bulge. His bulge was very large, so he barely met the study criteria and frankly I wasn’t optimistic about his possibilities, but he was entered into the study largely on the optimism of my partner, Dr. Schultz. Well, LM proved me wrong this week. He is now 7 months post procedure and is 80% better. His films are above. Note the very large disc bulge at the tip of the red arrow on both the before images (top is a saw you in half axial view, bottom left is a side view sagittal). Then note the marked reduction in the size of the disc bulge seen at the tip of the yellow arrow in both matching slices on the right. I have also highlighted the S1 nerve on the axial films (the before and after on the top)-red dot on the before, yellow dot on the left. Note how the disc was pressing on this nerve in the before image and is now far away from the disc in the after. This also corresponds to a reduction in his leg symptoms related to this S1 nerve. Realize all of this was accomplished with only an injection and without surgery. Since this disc bulge had been there for a long time and was worsening before treatment, it’s unlikely this represents spontaneous resolution of this disc.