View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Default Mistakes on a train!

If I consider myself to be a fairly experienced traveler. It still amazes me how easy it is to make a mistake. Last week I was making my way from Zwickau to Munich. I left the hotel just after 8:00 AM, taking a cab to the local train station. It was standing room only on the 1 hour train ride to Leipzig. After changing trains I arrived at the Leipzig Airport shortly after 11:00 AM. I was told that my flight was canceled due to weather but they can put me on a train to Munich that would arrive at 4:30 PM. Unconcerned about a 2 hour delay, I took the train back to the main station in Leipzig. I thought I had better check so I went to the information counter to verify that might train was on time and still the parking from the same platform.

After a quick bite to eat I went to the right platform at the right time and got on the train. A few minutes into the ride the conductor came by to check my ticket. Whoops! I was on a train to Berlin. Just my luck; this was a non-stop, high speed train. It was great to be going 200 kilometers per hour (125 MPH), but sadly, it was an wrong direction. Buy 4:30 PM, I was back in Leipzig, almost where I started. After four more hours on the train, I arrived in Munich at 8:30 PM.

I like seeing more of Germany, but the monochrome bare trees and snow landscape and train station after a train station was not what I had in mind.

Hopefully, someone learn from this and not make the same mistake I did.

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org