View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 11:19 AM

Mark - just read this article again and it has me wondering about whether ADR is appropriate for my own situation.

Just wondering what your general experience has been for clients with cervical myelopathy that have had ADR? I've had some fusion surgeons opposed to ADR for myelopathy (they oppose ADR for everything though), and I haven't seen any really useful studies on it.

Also my understanding is that myelopathy is a difficult situation for surgeons to address regardless of technique (the success rate for myelopathy for fusions is far less predictable than for pure radiculopathy as I understand it.).

e.g. the standard figures I've heard from surgeons for surgery for myelopathy are 20% continue to get worse, 40% stabilise and 40% improve.

Most people with myelopathy are looking for stabilisation of symptoms at the minimum - is ADR proving to be succesful in stabilising myelopathic symptoms?

Another sort of related question - how difficult is a revision to fusion for an ADR patient?

thanks,
Rob

surfing injury 2004 - transient paralysis from neck down for 15 seconds, resolved fully - herniated c5/c6 disc plus some bulging at c3/4/5. Initially had dermatome pain after injury which resolved - general parasthesia in arms/legs was fairly mild after injury but has been worsening.