Thread: Nursing staff
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:24 PM

I have been in and out of hospitals for the last five years. I had a spinal cord injury in 1995, and have been on many different meds since then . I am at the point that I have found after trying many meds what works for me and a schedule of when I take them. It happens every time, they wont give me my meds at the times I'm used to, or try something else in place of what I have used. Talk about getting messed up !. My wife and I have given the list of meds and when I take them every time I go to the hospital. One even ran out of oxy that I take for pain control. They didn't get me the meds until 5 hrs. later. I complained about this to the head nurse and she said I cant call your doctor in the middle of the night ! They have their own pharmacy right in the hospital. Meds never on time , etc. I dread going to hospitals. This 1 nurse had a very bad attitude when I would ask for my meds.she would holler, YEA YOU AND SIX OTHERS ON THIS FLOOR. The floor was that empty.They won't allow me to bring my own meds in either.Most of my meds are paid through WC because this was a work injury. The hospital bills my reg ins. for all these meds, which I end up paying for a percentage of. I just cant get through to anyone. These stays have been for pneumonia , nothing to do with work inj. Its always a real mess, I don't know what else to do. This has happened at 2 different hospitals. In the last 5 yrs. 4 times. Any ideas or comments?