View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 04:26 PM

Default SCS Issues

Chris, Taking the surgeon to court has always been in the back of our minds but it is something that we will do as a last resort. If the physician does not respond to the numerous questions I asked him in the letter I sent recently then suing him may be our only option. Right now all I want is answers because the surgeons here are reluctant to do any type of surgery because of the complexity of this issue and the absence of information and conflicting information in the surgical report. They are even saying that removing the SCS might be a very risky surgery since my spinal cord was partially flattened and the complications that I am still having (pain banding around my chest and all the loss of feeling as well as the bladder and bowel issues). I am pretty sure the surgeon is not going to answer my questions but it was a last ditch effort to try and find out what happened during the surgery which also caused me to have a T7 thru T10 laminectomy just days after the trial period....he even installed the permanent SCS during this procedure which I was unaware he was doing. I guess I signed the permission for these surgeries but I was on such a high does of dilaudid that I do not recall ever signing any papers. He did not even call my wife to let her know what was going on or what he planned to do. It is a very sad situation.
Take Care,
Greg